The latest EMS Newsletter has been published and can be downloaded here:
The World Waterski Rules 2022 has been published and can be downloaded here:
Here is the video link to watch the draw. Will add details about winners in a day or so. In the meanwhile you can see if it was your lucky month by watching the video.
The IWWF has made the following resolution concerning the conflict in Ukraine.
3rd March 2022
The IWWF Bureau met today and, in light of the current circumstances, agreed on the following resolution:
a. IWWF will not invite or allow the participation of Russia and Belarus athletes and officials in all IWWF approved events.
b. IWWF will not approve any event in Russia or Belarus.
All IWWF Confederations and affiliated Federations are required to comply with this resolution.
This decision aligns with the International Olympic Committee’s recent recommendation.
The IWWF is appalled by the war in Ukraine and its impact on innocent athletes, and deeply regrets that they are caught in this situation. The IWWF is looking forward to a speedy resolution of the conflict after which these athletes and officials will be welcomed back.
The latest EMS newsletter is available via the following link:
This is the published calendar so far for key World, E&A and British events. The British events are now on the IWWF Event Management System (EMS). Once the Organisers have opened the Registration skiers may use EMS to enter these events. But you do need an IWWF Competitors Licence to enter Ranking List Events. You can get this licence by firstly buying your British Competitors Licence thru the BWSW website. Once you have done this we will make you active in EMS so you can buy your IWWF Licence. If you have any problems with this process please email Kylie@bwsf.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org. Lets hope for a great season on the water.
• 01/05 – 02/05 Malibu Spring Multi, Hazelwoods
• 04/06 – 05/06 South Lake Slalom Special
• 11/06 – 12/06 OWSC Multi, Oxford (Not yet approved on EMS)
• 24/06 – 26/06 Botaski Pro Am, Sesena
• 01/07 – 03/07 San Gervasio Pro-Am, Italy
• 02/07 – 03/07 Malibu Multi, Hazelwoods
• 08/07 – 10/07 Malibu Open Pro-Am, Lacanau, France
• 08/07 – 10/07 Kaiafas Battle ProAm, Greece
• 09/07 – JB Ski Open, Slalom, Thorpe
• 14/07 – 16/07 World Games : Birmingham, USA
• 15/07 – 17/07 Slastad ProAm, Norway
• 20/07 – 24/07 E&A 35+ : Ioaninna, Greece
• 23/07 – 24/07 The Duel, Pro-Tour , Cirencester
• 27/07 – 28/07 Malibu Team Jump, Hazelwoods
• 02/08 – 07/08 E&A Youth : Ioannina, Greece
• 10/08 – 14/08 Combined British Nationals – Oxford (tbc)
• 18/08 – 21/08 E&A Open, Ukraine (Under Review)
• 24/08 – 27/08 FISU University Champs: Minsk (Under Review)
• 31/08 – 03/09 E&A U21 : Fischlam, Austria
• 27/08 – 29/08 Malibu Multi, Hazelwoods
• 03/09 – Rowlands Memorial Trophy, Bluebird Deaf
• 12/09 – 18/09 World 35+ : Baurech, France
• 18/09 – JB Ski Open Slalom, Thorpe
• 24/09 – 25/09 Turps Trophy, Gosfield
• 01/10 – 02/10 Sesena, International Slalom
• 25/01-31/01 – 2022 World U17 : Chile
The E&A Waterski Council has launched a new occasional Newsletter, “Around the Buoys” aimed as a new communication to Waterski Officials in Europe. Hopefully it will be of interest to the wider Waterski community, athletes and competition organisers etc. You can download it here.
The 61st draw of “The 200 Club” has taken place and can be seen on the following link:
The winners are:
1st Sylvia Philips No. 123 £516.75
2nd Charlie Emmett No. 146 £387.56
3rd Stuart Scott-Ely No. 10 £258.38
4th Glen Campbell No. 177 £129.19
Since the start of FoT a gross amount of over £207,000 has been raised and after prizes of £56,055 we have £151,000 to invest in our various activities. Of this £91,000 has been spent over the last five years and we have over £60,000 in reserves going forward. This is more than we had anticipated due to lesser activity with Covid, particularly in 2020. We have provisional spend budgets of £50,000 in 2022 and £55,000 in 2023, so lots to do.
This has only been possible by the generosity of all the supporters of FoT. Thank you.
This is the 60th draw of the lottery. FoT has now raised over £203,000 and after lottery prize money this is almost £149,000 to support our athletes and other various development activities. Thank you to everyone who has supported FoT over the last five years.
This month’s winners are:
Jeremy Stephenson no.78 £526.50
Corinna Fletcher no.125 £394.88
Andy Fearn no. 102 £263.25
Suzie York-Davies no. 200 £131.63
You can see the video here: